Now that 2010 is a wrap, we at Sabre can’t help but take a look back at all of the memorable work that was accomplished this past year. Everything from, advertising and branding to website design and development, sure did keep us busy. Although we always enjoy delving into new projects, something that remained extremely important yet again this past year was our involvement with so many philanthropies and the opportunity to “give back” to causes that mean something to us.
Here are a few of the non-profit organizations that we had the pleasure of working with in 2010:
- Ovations for the Cure of Ovarian Cancer
- CHIC: Cure Her In Couture fashion show events
- “Outside In,” a film about Dr. Katherine “Kasia” Clark’s journey through ovarian cancer over nine years. We held a private film screening in our studio in hopes of spreading awareness.
- The 26th Annual Joey O’Donnell Film Premiere, which was a huge success, raising nearly $850,000.
- Cystic Fibrosis Uncork the Cure event at The Boston Harbor Hotel, which raised over $295,000.
- Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition Walk
- Swim The Hudson/Riverpool
- LFS Association (Li-Fraumeni syndrome (LFS) is a hereditary cancer predisposition syndrome. A person who has LFS will have an increased risk of developing cancer.)
- Spectrum Health Systems, Inc.
These are just a few of our non-profit events and projects that touched us in 2010. We believe that giving back is not only a rewarding opportunity, but also a must do. Without these philanthropies, the cure for these diseases will not be found. We look forward to continuing our partnerships in the coming year and hope they will all accomplish great things.
Do you have any recommendations of non-profits that Sabre should get involved with in 2011?